Fyber is looking for a Junior Software Engineer
Our platform deals with huge amounts of data and billions of requests. Each engineering team works with a clear mission in mind, taking accountability for every part of the system from deployment to production 3rd tier engineering debugging. Our teams are multidisciplinary and consist of Developers, QA Engineers and Product Managers.
You have a friendly, open nature and can talk about challenges without creating arguments and you are interested in the well-being of colleagues.
- Align your work with our business and technical visions
- Receive problems to solve, estimate the time required to do the work, and deliver on that estimate.
- Work with our senior engineers to create technical designs. You will be mentored.
- Write good code that aligns with our engineering standards.
- Passionately learn our engineering principles. Continuously improve your skills and knowledge
- You write the best quality code you can. Your code will be formally reviewed.
- At times research the technical feasibility of new ideas and actively suggest improvements
- Support and contribute to our amazing work culture with a great attitude
- Pursuing or just completed a university degree in CS or a related field
- Experience as Ruby engineer (ideally not just Ruby on Rails), you know object-oriented analysis and design (not required for the student position)
- Ability to develop unit tests and automated tests for your code
- You feel comfortable with Linux and console applications programming
- Fluent in English
Desired Skills & Experience
- Expertise with Java, Scala, or c++
- Experience working with messaging queues, especially 0MQ and Kafka
- Experience with Jenkins and CI deployments
- A strong testing attitude