We are currently looking for a team lead to join our global Corporate IT team. In this role, you will be based in our Berlin office and be responsible for maintaining and developing internal IT infrastructure and ensuring business continuity. You and your team will be setting up new systems, automating routine tasks and collaborating with other IT teams during implementation of the new systems. This means you will need to share your own knowledge to help others, including managing basic security of both internal and 3rd-party systems.
- Leading a distributed team of internal and external IT support in global offices
- Providing onsite and remote support for our global offices (e.g. in Tel-Aviv, Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Beijing, London)
- Operationally handling tasks like budget planning, purchasing, cost controlling, contract management, vendor management
- Being responsible for the office IT infrastructure, end user devices and applications
- Working closely with other departments, e.g. Engineering, Security, Office Management, Finance, Corporate Systems, ...
- Leading projects to provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain hardware/software and related infrastructure
- Assisting project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases which includes the definition of requirements, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design
- Managing office firewalls (e.g. Fortinet), VPN gateways, VOIP infrastructure, WiFi infrastructure
- Managing our communication and productivity stack, incl. Google Apps, Slack, video conferencing, etc.
- Owning the IT on- and off boarding processes of employees, as well as the life-cycle management (e.g. access control)
- Handling the IT setup for local (e.g. Meetups) and global (e.g. All Hands meetings) events
- Travelling to our global offices (especially in Tel-Aviv) from time to time
- Educational degree in IT and a minimum of 5 years working experience, including working knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux in enterprises
- Experience in managing multi site network infrastructure, e.g. subnetting, Vlan tagging, CLI management
- Experience leading teams in a global environment
- Experience with Identity Provider platforms like Active Directory/LDAP, Okta and GSuite
- Experience with centrally managed client security technologies such as anti-virus, mobile device management, patch management, and endpoint policy enforcement
- Hands on experience with AWS, e.g. with EC2 and S3, is a big plus
- Experience maintaining automation and configuration scripts (BASH, PowerShell) as well as familiarity with Google Apps API
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required, German language skills are a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Customer orientation and strong communication skills
*Fyber is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome to our Fyber team no matter your gender, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, family status or any other matter.