About this Notice
We, at Fyber put great efforts in making sure that we secure your personal information and use it properly. This notice explains our privacy practices and how we handle your personal information when you apply for a job with Fyber. Specifically, this notice will provide details about:
- what personal information needs to be submitted by job applicants (“Candidates”)
- what we do with that information and how we process it, and,
- the rights that you as a Candidate have in connection with the personal information and job application materials that you submit during the process.
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Purposes for Collecting and Processing Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information for recruiting purposes – so that we could assess your candidacy and suitability for a job with Fyber, whether it is the position that you applied for, or other vacant positions, to be in contact with you during the recruitment process and to prepare to offer you an employment contract if we decide to hire you.
We also use your personal information for Fyber’s human resources’ management in general –
- to maintain Fyber’s HR record keeping;
- to comply with diversity, inclusion and other legal requirements and to protect Fyber’s legal rights;
- to combine your personal information with information such as criminal background checks (where permitted by law) that Fyber receives from third party service providers; and,
- when Fyber believes in good-faith that using your personal information is necessary to protect the life, health, safety or other vital interest of Fyber or any other person.
2. Personal Information That We Collect
When you apply for a job at Fyber, we will ask you to provide certain personal information that will help us evaluate your qualifications and candidacy and to stay in touch with you during the application and recruitment process. The Information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- Personal data connected to the identification of a Candidate such as: first name, surname, title, date of birth, place of birth;
- Contact information such as: address (street, zip code, country), phone number, email address;
- Eligibility information such as: resume/CV, cover letter, employment history (employers, job titles, length of employment) and educational background and training, linguistic capabilities, job skills, personal interests;
- Verification and background information and documents such as: diplomas, certificates, national IDs, driver’s license, passport, social security, birth certificate;
- Reference materials and documents such as: job references and letters of recommendation, job salary/payment history, military records, titles and licenses, immigration visa status, security clearance, background checks including criminal history (where permitted by law);
- Social media information such as your LinkedIn Profile;
- Information that you provide us about your work and personality traits such as answers during an interview, or answers to essay questions, or information about your salary expectations and work preferences;
- When you visit our ‘Careers’ page on our website, or view job positions, or click on the Apply button for specific positions, we and our third party service providers collect information such as the IP address of your device, which provides your device location, and other non-identifiable information that is used for analytical purposes, such as the type of browser, browser language, type of operating system, domain name of Internet service provider, web pages visited, times and dates of visits and the content you access on and/or through the Site.
3. How we Collect your Personal Information
- If you use our online application system to apply for a job with Fyber, our HR platform service provider will collect your personal information on our behalf. Greenhouse Software, Inc. is our third-party service provider that handles our job recruitment process (see further information in the Sharing Personal Information section below)
- We also collect your personal information when you apply for a job position through our website.
4. Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
Our legal basis for processing personal information collected about you in the EEA/EU is based on the following:
- Processing your personal information is a legitimate interest of Fyber as it is necessary for us to fulfill our hiring and employment needs, for us to evaluate the qualifications and backgrounds of Candidates, and to communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
- Processing your personal information is necessary for our compliance with legal obligations such as complying with immigration and employment laws and regulations.
You hereby explicitly consent to processing your personal information for your job application. Such processing includes sharing your application documents with relevant personnel in Fyber that are involved in the recruitment process. When we process your personal information based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time with future effect (although this may have an effect on our ability to consider your job application).
Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to the withdrawal and will have no effect on mandatory processing of your information under applicable law.
5. Your Choice
Applying for a job and submitting your job candidacy materials is voluntary and at any time, if you have already applied for a job and would like to withdraw your job candidacy, you can contact us and request that we stop considering your application and that we delete your profile and any materials we collected.
Our deletion of your personal information and job application materials will be completed in accordance with our Retention policy as described below in this notice.
If you were required to provide explicit consent before submitting your job application materials and personal information, you can revoke your consent at any time. You can exercise your choice by contacting us at: [email protected]
Cookies are small packets of information sent to your web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses the server that sent the cookie. Fyber uses Session Cookies for legitimate purposes, such as facilitation of the use of the Site and its features and tools. Your device removes session cookies when you close your browser session.
We also allow third parties, such as Google analytics and social media websites to place cookies on your device. These are persistent cookies. A persistent cookie has an expiry date. It remains on your device until it is expired or removed.
If you wish to delete cookies or limit the kinds of cookies that can be placed on your device you need to check out the settings in your browser, use the ‘Help’ tab or look for settings like ‘Options’ or ‘Privacy.’ From there, you can delete cookies, block them or control when they can be placed.
7. Accessing Your Personal Information
If you are entitled to exercise the rights of access, rectification and deletion of inaccurate data (collectively: the right of access), you can contact us at: [email protected] and request to access the personal information that we keep about you.
We will ask you to provide us certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim to be and will make good-faith efforts to locate your personally identifiable information that you request to access.
In responding to your request, we will apply limitations available under applicable law, for example to protect our trade secrets and confidential information and to protect the privacy of others.
To the extent that you are entitled to a right of access under the applicable law, you can receive a copy of your personal information that we hold about you and request the correction, amendment or deletion of your personal information if it is inaccurate or if you believe that the processing of your personal information is in violation of applicable law.
We will use judgement and due care to redact from the data which we will make available to you, personally identifiable information related to others.
8. Your Additional Rights as a Candidate in the EU/EAA
If you are a Candidate in the EU/EEA, you have the additional following rights:
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to request that we erase some or all of your personal information.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to request that we restrict or limit processing of your personal information
- Right to object – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- Right to data portability – We process your data based on our legitimate interests or compliance with legal obligations. Therefore, you do not have a right to have your personal information transmitted to another controller.
- Right not to be Subject to a Decision Based Solely on Automated Processing – We may use our service providers’ automated platforms to identify appropriate Candidates and process their personal information. However, our decision whether to hire you or not is made by our HR staff.
- Right to file a complaint – You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
Please contact us if you wish to make a request to exercise your rights or if you have a question about your rights; You can contact us at: [email protected].
If you would like further additional information about your rights in association with your personal information or if you believe that we are misusing or have misused your personal information, please contact your local data protection authority. Here is a link to the contact details of EU data protection authorities in the EEA. http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
9. Retention of Your Personal Information
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Fyber will hold your data on file for six months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held as an employee will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
However, we will maintain a record with details about your submission of the application with us, such as your name, interview dates and locations, our decision whether to hire you or not and other relevant information to establish exercise and defend legal claims and if we are required under law to retain your personal information.
Retention periods can vary based on how long the recruitment process lasts and the time period between when you first apply and when a hiring decision is made in connection with your application.
You can let us know that you would like us to save your personal information for a longer period of time to take into account for future job postings.
You can contact us to request to exercise any choice or rights you may have in connection with our retention of your personal information at: [email protected]
10. Sharing and Transferring Your Personal Information
We will share your personal information in the following instances:
- With only the relevant Fyber’s hiring managers and HR teams to facilitate your application and the job recruitment process.
- We will share your personal information only to the extent necessary for the purposes of the recruitment process and we will do so in accordance with this privacy notice.
- With our third-party service provider Greenhouse Software, Inc., which is a data processor that handles our job recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding process, or with any additional provides or a successor to Greenhouse Software Inc. which will help us with the recruiting process.
- With third party service providers that provide legitimate business functions for Fyber, which will include processing your personal information. Such third-party service providers are engaged by us for the provision of, among others, data storage, information security and employee background checks.
- With a competent supervisory authority if we believe doing so is in accordance or otherwise required by an applicable law, regulation, judicial or legal process.
- With law enforcement or other authorities (including immigration, health, tax, national security) when it is necessary to protect the interests of our company or individuals.
- With another entity when it is required as part of a merger, acquisition or assignment of part or all of our business with that entity.
11. Transfer of Your Personal Information Outside Your Territory
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where transfer of Personal Information related to you to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you hereby provide Fyber your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud processes and stores Personal Information related to you in the US on Fyber’s behalf in accordance with the highest degree of security of AWS.
To the extent necessary under EU privacy laws and regulations, Fyber will implement data onward transfer instruments, such as the Controller to Processor EU-US Standard Contractual Clauses, the Privacy Shield Framework and a statement of compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or have any concerns about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at: [email protected].